Control Panel Design and Build
Although we normally use the manufacturers recommended programming packages for all applications, our experienced engineers will use any Platform our customers require. Typical Packages include, but are not limited to: Siemens Step 7, Siemens TIA Portal, Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000, Allen Bradley Logix Studio, Mitsubishi GX Developer or IEC Developer, Schneider Unity, Omron CX Programmer and Omron Sysmac Studio among many other leading platforms of PLC, HMI and SCADA.
Our control panels are designed to customers’ requirements and specifications utilising components from industry recognised and trusted suppliers. These can be anything from simple relay logic panels to fully automated PLC and HMI panels.
All panels are supplied with CAD schematic drawings and documentation and are fully tested before they leave our facility.
PLC & HMI Software
- Software style written to customer specification.
- The client by default has copyright ownership of any application software.
- All application software is fully commented and can be compiled in ‘ladder’ or statement list, with or without function blocks.
- Siemens – S7 & S5
- Allen Bradley – SLC500 / RSLogix 500, Control Logix family and micrologix
- Mitsubishi – An, Q & FX series
- Omron – CX Programmer for the complete range.
- HMI (Human Machine Interface) Screen panel software for all leading brands (Siemens, Panel View, E series, NT/NS, etc).
- Plus many other PLC’s / HMI’s both old and new
Networks – most of our control systems have at least one network and we have experience of setting up and running the following:
- Ethernet (Local & Wide area Networks)
- Devicenet – DP (& PA for instrumentation)
We have developed both new and modified existing SCADA systems.
- Our experience includes SCADA for automated assembly lines, process control applications and management information data collection.
- Industries include mineral processing, pharmaceutical and the food industry.
Specifically we have expertise in the following :-
– Siemens WinCC
– G E Fanuc – Proficy iFIX (Intellution)
– Wonderware – InTouch
- Typically a PC is networked to the machine control system for data collection, information manipulation and acting as a gateway to the factory Ethernet system.
- Usually, we can use simple branded OPC and SQL software packages to read and write directly from the PLC to Microsoft products.
- We also use Visual Basic to compile linking software and it can be a lower cost option for ‘simple’ software requirements i.e. data manipulation, transfer and display
- For more technical PC software control requirements, we use National Instruments-LabVIEW
- Bar code reader integrated direct to a PC can for example, read product codes which then can be fed via a PC to a PLC for recipe selection
- We have also used PC’s with I/O cards for direct machine control although currently this tends to be limited to relatively small I/O requirements with specialist instrumentation type applications.