Junior Mechanical Fitter
Salary: Market rate, depending on experience
Oakmount Control Systems Limited is a fast-moving, growing, engineering business based in the South West with offices in the vibrant City of Plymouth in Devon and the Historic Town of Yeovil in Somerset. Our talented team of Automation, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers work on many unique projects for blue chip international customers in a wide range of sectors including Food, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive and General Manufacturing. We design and manufacture special purpose machinery and process control systems and we also work on many existing leading industrial brands.
Due to continued expansion, we are now looking for a Junior Mechanical Fitter to play a role in the assembly of our projects.
This role will suit somebody who has a Mechanical Aptitude and would like to start a career. This can lead to a formal apprenticeship, if preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The assembly of Bosch Aluminium profile frames and guards.
- The mechanical assembly of machinery and automation projects.
- The manufacture and installation of brackets etc. for automation and controls projects as required.
You will be:
- Passionate and driven, with the desire to produce and deliver completed projects to a high standard
- A team player with the ability to learn from more senior members of the team
- Wishing to work within an exciting growing business with international clients
So, if you would like a position in a role with a significant amount of variety and autonomy, then please apply and tell us more about yourself.
This role is based in Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City, which is one of Europe’s most vibrant waterfront cities. Located by a stunning waterfront and harbour, this busy historic hub also borders the beautiful South Hams and picturesque county of Cornwall.