Electrical Fitter / Wireperson
Salary: up to £32K depending on experience
Oakmount Control Systems Limited is a fast-moving, growing, engineering business based in the South West with offices in the vibrant City of Plymouth in Devon and the Historic Town of Yeovil in Somerset. Our talented team of Automation, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers work on many unique projects for blue chip international customers in a wide range of sectors including Food, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive and General Manufacturing. We design and manufacture special purpose machinery and process control systems and we also work on many existing leading industrial brands.
Due to continued expansion, we are now looking for an Electrical Fitter / Wireperson to play a key role in the manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning and servicing of our projects.
This role will suit an experienced Electrician / Wireperson who is able to work effectively on your own initiative to complete projects from start to finish. The successful candidate may come from a similar business, and we would welcome relocators.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The wiring of Control Panels to a high standard, within budget and on time.
- Carrying out the Mechanical Elements of Control Panel Build including component mounting plates using tools such as drills, jig saw etc.
- The installation of the Control Systems into Automation Equipment.
- The testing and simulation of projects operation prior to despatch to ensure that the customers specification is met.
- To install and commission Control Systems at our customers premises both in the UK and overseas.
- As appropriate to develop skills within your existing role and other areas such as electrical panel design, PLC and HMI programming to provide progression opportunities in order to optimise flexibility and effectiveness within the business.
You will be:
- An experienced Electrician / Wireperson with a background within a similar industry
- Passionate and driven, with the desire to produce and deliver completed projects to a high standard
- A team player with the ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Wishing to work within an exciting growing business with international clients
So, if you would like a position in a role with a significant amount of variety and autonomy, then please apply and tell us more about yourself.
This role is based in Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City, which is one of Europe’s most vibrant waterfront cities. Located by a stunning waterfront and harbour, this busy historic hub also borders the beautiful South Hams and picturesque county of Cornwall.