Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: up to £35K depending on experience
Oakmount Control Systems Limited is a fast-moving, growing, engineering business based in the South West with offices in the vibrant City of Plymouth in Devon and the Historic Town of Yeovil in Somerset. Our talented team of Automation, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers work on many unique projects for blue chip international customers in a wide range of sectors including Food, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive and General Manufacturing. We design and manufacture special purpose machinery and process control systems and we also work on many existing leading industrial brands.
Due to continued expansion, we are now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to play a key role in the design and delivery of our work.
This role will suit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is able to manage projects from concept through to design and manufacture. The successful candidate may come from a similar business, and we would welcome relocators. Solidworks experience would be a distinct advantage.
As well as project management and hands-on mechanical design, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing effective cross functional relationships and appropriate ways of working with both electrical and mechanical elements of the business
- Researching & recommending potential new technologies, processes and ways of working that could be beneficial to the company to optimise performance, quality and profitability
- Ensuring, where appropriate that customer specifications and delivery requirements are fully evaluated and agreed with customers, both internal and external
- Effective self-management to achieve agreed targets
- Negotiating and procurement of materials, as appropriate in line with the proposal and customer requirement
- Communicating any issues that may hinder the achievement of agreed targets
- Ensuring that documentation is produced & completed in a timely and appropriate manner
You will be:
- An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a background within a similar industry
- Able to work autonomously, prioritise and meet deadlines effectively
- Passionate and driven, with the desire to produce and deliver to a high standard
- Adept at using a 3D CAD package.
- A team player with the ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Wishing to work within an exciting growing business with international clients
So, if you would like a high-profile position in a role with a significant amount of variety and autonomy, then please apply and tell us more about yourself.
This role is based in Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City, which is one of Europe’s most vibrant waterfront cities. Located by a stunning waterfront and harbour, this busy historic hub also borders the beautiful South Hams and picturesque county of Cornwall.